"I'd been toying with the idea of pursuing a relationship with a cute, girl-next-door kind of girl just after high school. We had known each other through high school, but only really connected as friends about a year after we'd graduated over summer vacation when I'd come back to my parent's house for the summer.

One night after hanging out with a bunch of other people, most everyone had gone home and we were hanging out for a little bit after. It was a clear night, cool but not cold, and there was no moon so you could see more of the sky than usual, so it was pretty much as romantic as it was gonna get. We were hugging goodbye and when she pulled away she looked up at me and smiled. I tried to seize the moment in the stupidest way possible: 'Can I kiss you?'

Her eyes went wide and she blushed but didn't answer. She just hugged me again and buried her face in my chest. I heard what sounded like muffled sniffs coming from her and I hugged her tighter, 'It's OK, don't cry.' When she pulled away her face was red as a beet and she unwrapped herself from me and clasped her hands behind her back. She hadn't been crying, I realized. She'd been laughing." - 


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post